Friday, September 30, 2011

Diary of a Derbalifer - Part 2

www.3dsbuzz.com
My first week in the Derbalife challenge went off with a BIG start! In terms of working out I did not cut corners:

  1. Ran a 5K on day 1 with all those other things I mentioned in Part 1;
  2. Went to Derby practice twice (or was it thrice, not sure);
  3. 2 bike rides with a minimum of 5 miles each times and pushing it hard;
  4. Worked all day at our home bout so that kept me on my toes and running from 2:30 to 10:30 pm (ok so it was followed by a couple of beers);
  5. Participated in the 1-mile sprint on skates for the Girl Scouts;
  6. Went sailing so we could try out the spinnaker sail and had my heart rate up in the gazillion beats per minute (yes, it was a killer!)
  7. Did the week 1 workouts daily (the balancing thing, the one leg stand-ups, the ice skates...)
And what's going on THIS week?

I started a cold. I've been a sick puppy. I went to derby practice but once! OK, kudos for staying beyond bootcamp and hitting the track with the league girls, and I did go sailing twice and swam with the luminescent fishies one night - but still. I'm a bit disappointed in myself.

I know, I know - I'm under the weather and this cold is seriously kicking my ass! But, I have been without energy. Today is the first day that I started feeling less like a zombie and more like a real'ish person. Kinda.

I have 2 days left to honor my promise to myself for this week.

p.s. As I'm writing this post I have the oven toasting up my new snack - Pita Chips. I'm a big snacker. So may as well make it on the healthy side with some homemade pita chips. Yumalicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment