Sunday, May 15, 2011

No Matter the Question: Derby is the Answer!

I must admit, I love seeing my derby friends progress and move forward.

Even if their progress is faster than mine. I love witnessing these girls improve. It's an inspiration. It truly is. Among my gang of boot-campers (which was HUGE) there are a few that are amazing. OK, so more than a few, but some really stand out. And last week, 2 girls were invited to stick around after practice to skate with the big girls...

Being invited to join league practice is a big deal. And the fact that some of the girls that started in February, like me, are already invited to step it up is wicked!

It's cool to feel sheer joy for them. We're all in this together, and I love feeling part of a team. Your success is my success, and mine is yours as well.

One night I stuck around after practice to video-tape a scrimmage. Waiting around until it was time to stand behind the camera, the recruiter was talking with 2 new girls from orientation. She asked me if I had any suggestions to give them. And we talked about how nice everybody is. And how cool all the girls were. My reply was: no room for catty girls here! They're staying at home so they can make other people miserable.

So that's that. If you're wondering what to do with your spare time and looking for a new social activity that will not only get your ass in shape but hook you up with amazing new friends: DERBY is the answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment